Today’s special guest is Alycia Anderson. She is a motivational speaker, a rockstar at tennis, and has an identical twin sister. She was also born with sacral agenesis and has been a wheelchair user since birth. This conversation will educate and empower everyone who listens.
Topics we talked about that you do not want to miss:
- Letting our children surprise us with what they can do
- Advocating in the 70s
- Independent without Mom and Dad
- Defining “Disabling Ableism”
- Open conversations amongst humans
- Attributes in Corporate America
Where to listen:
You can listen to this episode, and all episodes, of the When Autumn Comes Podcast on platforms such as Apple Podcast or Spotify. You can also stream every episode here on our website!
Links and resources:
- Alycia’s TEDx Talk Disabling Ableism: The Modern Pathway to Inclusion
- Instagram @alyciaspeaking
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/alyciaranderson/
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/WhenAutumnComesPodcast
- Join the WAC Society to talk about all things pod related: www.facebook.com/WhenAutumnComesSociety
- Follow us on Instagram: @WhenAutumnComesPodcast
- Catch up with Suz: @suzgeoghegan on insta
- See what Diane is up to: @diane.kay.erdman on insta
Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on our upcoming stories from other members of our medical and disabled community.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and a review! Thank You!