Have you ever wondered if the world would treat your children differently if their disability was lesser or greater, physical or intellectual, or maybe even something as “simple” as whether or not they could smile? Today’s mom, Kimberly, has four boys – two of which have disabilities. One has a physical disability and the other has an intellectual disability. This gives her family a very unique perspective on this sometimes rocky journey of parenthood.
Topics we talked about that you do not want to miss:
- Intellectual disability vs. physical disability
- Facing questions about terminating because “something is wrong”
- You will innately love your child no matter what
- Special Education Teacher turned Special Needs Mom
- Communicating with teachers
Where to listen:
You can listen to this episode, and all episodes, of the When Autumn Comes Podcast on platforms such as Apple Podcast or Spotify. You can also stream every episode here on our website!
Links and resources:
- For more information on feed tubes: www.feedingtubeawareness.org
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/WhenAutumnComesPodcast
- Join the WAC Society to talk about all things pod related: www.facebook.com/WhenAutumnComesSociety
- Follow us on Instagram: @WhenAutumnComesPodcast
- Catch up with Suz: @suzgeoghegan on insta
- See what Diane is up to: @diane.kay.erdman on insta
Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on our upcoming stories from other members of our medical and disabled community.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and a review! Thank You!