In honor of Father’s Day, today we have our first medical, special needs dad on the show! Lane Hagan is the husband to Kathryn and father of Libby (and her two siblings). When she was less than two weeks old, there was medical error in the NICU that harmed Libby, causing her to have severe spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy with an unknown future. Lane has learned so much from his daughter’s life and founded Libby’s Friends, a nonprofit that helps families in Alabama’s special needs community receive equipment and help.
Topics we talked about that you do not want to miss:
- Day 12 in the NICU: the incident that changed their lives
- Lane talks about his faith and his role as a husband
- Libby’s Friends, a nonprofit founded by the family to help other children and families https://libbysfriends.org/
You can stream this episode (and all WAC episodes) on platforms such as Apple Podcasts or Spotify! Just search for “When Autumn Comes” in the app and click on our show! If you click the “subscribe” button in the app, your phone will remind you weekly when new episodes are released!
Another option for listening is our website. Each episode has it’s own post where we include a button to stream! You can listen here:
Links and resources:
- Learn more about Lane, Libby and Libby’s Friends: https://libbysfriends.org/
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/WhenAutumnComesPodcast
- Join the WAC Society to talk about all things pod related: www.facebook.com/WhenAutumnComesSociety
- Follow us on Instagram: @WhenAutumnComesPodcast
Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on our upcoming stories of medical and special needs parenting from families like yours.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and a review! Thank You!