Meet Stacie! Mama to Lainey and Calvin. Lainey has a rare genetic disease that can make their day-to-day lives incredibly unpredictable due to the main symptom, recurring attacks of paralysis that can affect one side of the body, the whole body, or even move from side to side. While Lainey’s condition may be rare, the topics in today’s episode are relatable to so many of the families in disabled community.
Topics we talked about that you do not want to miss:
- At 5 months old Lainey was diagnosed with Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood (AHC)
- Pivoting plans because of episodes
- Our “talk-tracks” as medical mamas
- How have challenges affected your marriage?
Where to listen:
You can listen to this episode, and all episodes, of the When Autumn Comes Podcast on platforms such as Apple Podcast or Spotify. You can also stream every episode here on our website!
Links and resources:
- Follow Stacie, Lainey and family: @lifting_up_lainey
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/WhenAutumnComesPodcast
- Join the WAC Society to talk about all things pod related: www.facebook.com/WhenAutumnComesSociety
- Follow us on Instagram: @WhenAutumnComesPodcast
Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on our upcoming stories of medical and special needs parenting from families like yours.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 star rating and a review! Thank You!